All Viking Marching Band students (whether new or returning) must complete the following forms before the first day of band camp.
- 2019-20 Samohi Bands Registration Form. (You do not need to print out this form.) On this form, you will also register your student for concert band and pay suggested donations and fees for both programs, as you are able. You can choose to pay full or partial amounts by Paypal or by check, and if you are able, you can even donate a little extra to help out another student!
- Off Campus Permission Form and Emergency Card. (Printed and signed.) Both pages are fillable, if you download the form before printing it. If you did not already submit forms for Fourth of July Parade Camp, bring the signed 2-page form to the first day of Band Camp!
The suggested donation for marching band — including $250 for Band Camp — is $850 per student for the full marching season, including meals and snacks at competitions and water at football games.
Your generous contribution helps cover the costs of:
- coaching and instruction (we hire at least five seasonal coaches each year)
- drill design and choreography
- music rights
- transportation and entry fees
- uniforms, instruments, equipment, and props
- and all the other expenses of our marching season.
On the registration form, you may choose to buy new competition shoes if you need them. Gently used shoes are available at no cost.
Students participating in concert band are asked for an additional $250 to help cover costs for that program.
Please note: All students may participate in all aspects of the band program regardless of their ability to contribute. Please contact Band Director Kevin McKeown if you need financial assistance.