2018 Field Show Tournament Volunteers: CHAPERONES, FOOD SERVICE, PROPS, and HAIR TECHS
This year, the Viking Marching Band (VMB) will compete in the following tournaments/comps:
- October 20, 2018 – 31st Annual Baldwin Park Field Tournament at Baldwin Park High School, 3900 N. Puente Ave, Baldwin Park, CA 91706
- October 27, 2018 – Simi Valley 50th Annual Band Spectacular at Simi Valley High School, 5400 Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063
- November 3, 2018 – 46th Annual RUSD Lester Oaks Memorial Tournament at Ramona High School, 7675 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
- November 8, 2018 – 7th Annual Valencia High School Field Show Tournament at Valencia High School, 27801 Dickason Drive, Valencia, CA 91355
- November 10, 2018 – Savanna High School 42nd Annual Field Tournament at Glover Stadium, 1125 N. La Palma Parkway, Anaheim, CA 92801
- November 17, 2018 – SCSBOA Field Show Championships (location TBD)
Click here for more information about: 2018 Marching Band Field Tournaments. or “comps.”
For each comp, we need at least three chaperones with Level II Volunteer clearance from the Santa Monica High School Administration. Chaperones ride the student buses to the competitions, and remain with the students or in the area around our semi trailer – known as “Viking Village – until the end of the competition; chaperones ride the same buses back to Samohi at the end of the night. Click on the word “chaperone” for a detailed list of chaperone responsibilities.
To volunteer as a chaperone, please use the CHAPERONE SIGN-UP form below. Provide your first and last name, your cell phone number, and your email. Please also indicate which dates / comps when you would like to volunteer as a chaperone. Chaperones must have Level II Volunteer clearance from Samohi. Click here for: Samohi volunteer application process.
CHAPERONE SIGN-UP FORM:
FOOD SERVICE, PROPS, and HAIR TECHS:
Please visit the online sign-up below to help purchase and deliver food (no clearance required), to help build/set up props, and to help students with their “uniform” hair (Level II clearance required to do hair).
There are a few other volunteers who work in Viking Village, these are:
- Lisa & Patrick Proft, Competition Coordinators
- Adam Chamorro, Prop Manager
- Yunilda Pacchioni-Esquivel, Samohi Band Parent Association – VP Marching Band
- Angelika Gunn, Medical Coordinator
- Mudita Bahadur, Competition Food Coordinator (sometimes with assistants who bring food)
- Alisa Stewart, Uniform Committee Chair (or a designated Lead Uniform Volunteer)
- Photographer, Dina Schultz (pending approval)
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact the volunteers currently doing those jobs.
Shortly before each comp, members of the VMB and their families will receive an email with all of the details regarding the Samohi performance and student call times. This information will also be posted on the Samohi Band website, a few days before each competition.
We welcome ALL band parents to join us in the stands at each tournament. However, please note that – due to heightened security requirements at high schools that host the tournaments – we are not permitted to have extra parents around our semi trailer, or in student rehearsal areas, even after the performance. We appreciate your support and ask you to enjoy your student’s performance from the stands.
Thank you all for your support of the Marching Band. Go Vikings!