Deadline: 11:59 PM on November 2, 2018
To all Concert Band students:
The Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (SCSBOA) has opened the application process for All-Southern California High School Honor Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, and Orchestra.These ensembles will perform January 25-27, 2019 in Garden Grove, CA.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE, DIRECTLY TO SCSBOA.
- CLICK HERE to read the application instructions and access the online application. SCSBOA will offer audition times in San Diego (site TBD) on December 8, and at Herbert Hoover High School in Glendale on Saturday & Sunday, December 8 & 9, 2018. The Jazz Honor Group (JHG) application is separate; visit scsboa.org for information.
- To complete the online application, you will need the Director Member Number of your Concert Band instructor (Mr. Sakow or Mr. McKeown). Do not wait until the last minute to ask your teacher for his Director Member Number.
- Woodwind/Brass/Percussion Audition Preparation:
- Download the High School Audition List from the SCSBOA website under the Honor Groups tab, find your instrument on the list, and purchase the appropriate book(s) for your solo piece.
- Download the instrument-specific High School Scale Requirements from the SCSBOA website under the Honor Groups tab.
- Practice scales, solo piece and sight-reading skills (ask your private teacher or director for advice on sight-reading).
If you are selected for 2019 SCSBOA High School Honor Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, or Orchestra:
All accepted honor musicians will receive assigned music parts in the mail.
- Friday, January 25, 2019, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM at the Hyatt Hotel Garden Grove
- Saturday, January 26, 2019, 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM at the Hyatt Hotel Garden Grove
- Sunday, January 27, 2019 Dress Rehearsal & Concert at the Hyatt Hotel Garden Grove