Interested in helping out with the Viking Marching Band? Read on!
This year, the Viking Marching Band (VMB) will compete on the following dates:
- October 19 (Saturday): Baldwin Park Field Tournament
- October 26 (Saturday): Simi Valley Band Spectacular
- November 2 (Saturday): Hart Rampage Tournament
- November 7 (Thursday): Valencia High School Field Show Tournament
- November 9 (Saturday): Savanna High School Field Tournament
- November 16 (Saturday): SCSBOA Field Show Championships
For each comp, we need at least three chaperones with Level II Volunteer clearance from the Santa Monica High School Administration. Chaperones ride the student buses to the competitions, and remain with the students or in the area around our semi-trailer — known as “Viking Village — until the end of the competition; chaperones ride the same buses back to Samohi at the end of the night. Click here for a detailed list of chaperone responsibilities.
To volunteer as a chaperone, please use the signup form below. Chaperones must have Level II Volunteer clearance from Samohi. To give everyone an opportunity to volunteer, chaperones will be rotated among the comps. Click here to see the Samohi volunteer application process.
Food Service, Props, and Hair Techs
In the future we will send an online signup asking for help purchasing and delivering food (no clearance required), helping build/set up props (no clearance required), and helping students with their “uniform” hair (Level II clearance required).