at Valencia High School: 27801 Dickason Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
[PLEASE READ BELOW FOR A FEW SCHEDULE CHANGES]
Congratulations again to the Vikings for their third consecutive 5A wins for both band and color guard, plus a second place in percussion at Hart Rampage!
This is going to be a busy week. First we have this tournament on Thursday, then we have another on Saturday — there will be a separate post about that one.
Friday, there will be NO 7 am rehearsal. For the evening rehearsal (5-8 pm), please wear your navy blue “retro”/football shirt, so you can get your royal blue practice shirt in the wash before Saturday’s comp.
Thursday, students will only miss 6th period, NOT 5th period, as previously stated. Please see Thursday’s itinerary, plus packing list and performance times, at this link.
This Week’s VMB Schedule — UPDATED
- Monday, Nov. 4: Rehearsal, 7-8 am
- Tuesday, Nov. 5: Rehearsal, 7-8 am
- Wednesday, Nov. 6: Rehearsal, 7-8:40 am
- Thursday, Nov. 7: Rehearsal, 7-8 am; Valencia Field Show Tournament, 2:15-11 pm (students will miss 6th period)
- Friday, Nov. 8: NO AM Rehearsal; Rehearsal, 5-8 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 9: Savanna Field Tournament in Anaheim, all day!
Important Times for Thursday
- 12:30 pm: Students load the truck at Samohi during lunch
- They will be missing 6th period for this excused absence, but they will need to make up the work; please have them talk to their teacher before Thursday to let them know they’ll be gone.
- 9 pm: Vikings’ showtime at Valencia High School
- If you would like to attend, plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating.
- 11 pm: Pick up at Samohi, after truck is unloaded — please ask your student to contact you on the way home
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container
- Dinkles and black socks
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- School work/reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes/jacket to change into for the ride home
- Portable phone charger if you have one
For Parents: What to Do
- Drive out to watch the competition! Our kids’ show time is 9 pm. Entrance is $10 for adults. There is limited spectator parking off of Smyth Drive.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Join the crowd of blue and gold in the stands!
- Take photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login info: email@example.com/vikingband100
Any Questions? Send Us a Line