All Viking Marching Band students (whether new or returning) must complete the following forms before the first day of band camp.
- 2021-22 Samohi Bands Registration Form (Disponible en Español). Use this form to register your student for marching band as well as concert and/or jazz band.
- Sponsored Activity Permission Form and Emergency Card. This form is also accessible in the Registration Form. It is imperative that ALL marching band students complete this form before participating in Band Camp!
- Haga clic aquí para el Formulario de permiso y Tarjeta de emergencia en español.
The suggested donation for marching band — including $250 for Band Camp — is $850 per student for the full marching season, including Band Camp, meals and snacks at competitions, and water at football games.
Your generous contribution helps cover the costs of:
- coaching and instruction (we hire at least five seasonal coaches each year)
- drill design and choreography
- music rights
- transportation and entry fees
- uniforms, instruments, equipment, and props
- and all the other expenses of our marching season.
On the registration form, you may choose to buy new competition shoes if you need them. Gently used shoes are available at no cost.
Students participating in concert band are asked for an additional $250 to help cover costs for that program.
Please note: All students may participate in all aspects of the band program regardless of their ability to contribute.